Every venture is quoted on its own merit (complexity). we quote by looking over the entire project, break it down, and figure out every cost that is required to get it ready for publishing. We break down each project into a ‘design’ and a ‘per item’ fee. Either can be hired separately.
Design is the structure of the project whether a CSS website, book or magazine:
- Overall initial layout design, color and composition.
- Choosing fonts and sizes for all headings and body text.
- Prepping all content for publishing
Per Item, is the typesetting of each individual element submitted by you and the composition of each one.
- Adjusting all text to flow properly from word-to-word, line-to-line and from page to page throughout the project; Kerning, Hyphenation, Widow/Orphan control, letter-spacing, and making sure that all hyphens and all other typographic elements are correct; Pixel accurate positioning, etc.
- Design creation/preparation of all graphic content which may include charts, graphs, images, graphics, etc.
- Composition which may include multiple levels of text headings, lists, footnotes and multiple layouts within design that separate content.
DESIGN PRICING GUIDELINES
On a project design starts at $350.00
Typesetting/Composition Per Item starts at $3.50:
- $3.50, text: Such as Novel or Plain Text
- $4.50, Above + footnotes, multiple levels of headings,
lists: Such as Teachers Guide, Lesson Book
- $5.00, Above + images, special treatment: Such as Art Book, Photography Book or PowerPoint Presentation
- $6.00, Above + graphics/charts/graphs:
Such as Education books, Research Papers or a business Book
- $7.00+, Above + mass images, multiple layouts within design that separate content: Such as Cookbook
Source Files of graphics and layouts (PSD, AI, IND) are not included, and are cost 50% of whichever was the design fee.
A deposit of 50% is customary to start the design process. The remaining 50% once the design is complete/approved by you and sent to you or if you prefer your printer. Posting you project on freelancer.com and using their Milestone system is also an option.